Terms of Service
2. By accessing, viewing, or using the Website, You indicate that You understand and intend these Terms to be the legal equivalent of a signed, written contract and equally binding, and that You accept such Terms of Service and agree to be legally bound by them. If you do not agree to all of these Terms, do not use this Website. Please note that Baron reserves the right to change the Terms of Service at any time without notice. Your continued use of the Website following such modifications will be conclusively deemed acceptance by You of any changes to these Terms of Service. These Terms represent the entire understanding relating to the use of this Website.
3. This Terms of Service Agreement provides You with a personal, revocable, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the Website conditioned on Your continued compliance with the Terms of Service. As a condition of use of the Website, You warrant to Baron that You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or otherwise prohibited by these Terms of Service.
4. While we make every effort to provide accurate and complete information, Baron cannot warrant the accuracy of any information posted on the Website and Baron disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on the Website. The materials posted on this Website could include technical or other mistakes or inaccuracies. Baron disclaims all warranties and makes no representations regarding the quality, accuracy, completeness or suitability of the materials on this Website, and Baron disclaims any duty to keep this information current or accurate. Baron shall have the right to remove in a timely manner content that may be in violation of these Terms or any rules posted. Baron may change any information on the Website or any product or service described on this Website, including functionality or performance thereof, any time without notice.
5. Use of the Baron Website is entirely at Your own risk and is subject to all applicable state, national and international laws and regulations. THE BARON WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT AND MATERIALS THEREON ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to You.
IN NO EVENT SHALL BARON OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, AGENTS OR VOLUNTEERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES RELATING TO LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOST DATA, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, WORK STOPPAGE), DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (A) YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE WEBSITE; (B) ANY PRODUCTS, REPORTS, RESEARCH, SERVICES, INFORMATION, ACTIVITIES, AND/OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE TO WHICH A LINK IS PROVIDED OR ON WHICH A LINK IS PROVIDED TO THIS WEBSITE; (C) ANY BREACHES OF SECURITY INVOLVING THE WEBSITE, OR ANY LACK OF AVAILABILITY OR OPERATIONAL PROBLEM OF THE WEBSITE; OR (D) ANY VIRUSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MAY AFFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
Baron makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of the Website and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of the Website. Baron will use its best efforts to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all information.
With respect to the content of this Website, neither Baron, nor any of its directors, officers, owners, employees and contractors make any warranty, expressed or implied or statutory, including but not limited to warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, and the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to content available from this Website or other Internet resources linked from it. Additionally, Baron does not assume any legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, or process disclosed herein nor freedom from computer virus, and does not represent that use of such information, product, or process would not infringe on privately owned rights.
6. Neither Baron nor its directors, officers, staff, members and/or volunteers accept any responsibility for Your use of the Website.
7. The documents posted on this Website may contain hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. These links and pointers are provided for visitors’ convenience. Baron does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any linked information. Further, the inclusion of links or pointers to websites other than the Baron Website is not intended to assign importance to those sites and the information contained therein, nor is it intended to endorse, recommend, or favor any views expressed, or commercial products or services offered on these outside sites, or the organizations sponsoring the sites, by trade name, trademark, manufacture, or otherwise.
Reference in this Website to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the Website’s visitor’s, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Baron.
This Website may contain links to other websites that are not hosted by Baron. These websites are not under the control of Baron and Baron is not responsible for their content or the content of any information linked to these websites. Links to other websites are provided as a convenience to users and do not imply any endorsement by Baron of information contained in these websites or the organizations that support them.
8. You acknowledge, consent and agree that Baron may access, preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any content or posting violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Baron, its officers, directors, employees, members, agents, other users or the public.
9. By downloading or using any content on the Website, You warrant and represent that You will not infringe the intellectual property rights of, or otherwise violate the rights of any third party.
10. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Baron and its directors, officers, employees, members, volunteers, agents, successors, and assigns, from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses), relating to or arising from Your use of the Website, any breach by You of this Agreement, or any other matter for which You are responsible hereunder or under law.
11. The trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress and logos (collectively, “Marks”) contained or described on the Website are the sole property of Baron or other parties and may not be copied, imitated or otherwise used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of their respective owners. In addition, the Website and all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are the sole property of Baron and may not be copied, imitated or otherwise used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Baron. Baron will enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
12. This Agreement will take effect at the time You begin using the Website (thereby indicating acceptance of these Terms and Conditions). Baron reserves the right at any time and for any reason to deny You access to the Website or any portion thereof, and to terminate this Agreement. Termination will be effective without notice.
13. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under US copyright law. Baron reserves the right to remove any material on the Website which allegedly infringes another person’s copyright. Notices to Baron regarding any alleged copyright infringement on the Website should be sent to [email protected] Please provide the following in your communication:
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest.
14. Any disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be resolved by binding arbitration in the District of Columbia by a single arbitrator under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The award shall be enforceable in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The validity, construction, and performance of these Terms and Conditions Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia.
The Website is controlled and operated by Baron from its offices within the United States. Baron makes no representation that the content and materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where any of the contents of the Website are illegal is prohibited. If You choose to access the Website from other locations, You do so on Your own volition and are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
15. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and the liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most clearly matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
16. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Baron as a result of this Agreement or Your utilization of the Website.
17. For Website security purposes and to ensure that this Website remains available to all users, Baron uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
18. These Terms of Service represent the entire agreement between You and Baron with respect to Your use of and access to material available on or through the Web Site, and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written between You and Baron with respect to the Website. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
19. This Website and its content is copyrighted by Baron Public Affairs, LLC © 2020-2023. All Rights Reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
1. You may print or download content for your personal and non-commercial use only but only if you acknowledge the Website as the source of the content.
2. You may not, except with Baron’s express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the Website’s content, nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
3. No photo or image may be copied or downloaded without the written permission of Baron.
This copyright notice does not apply to information at websites other than the Baron Website.