BARON PUBLIC AFFAIRS, LLC EQUIPS CORPORATE LEADERS to anticipate and manage the political threats and opportunities that shape the business landscape. Applying a methodology focused on mastering the strategic competition of interests, Baron has advised some of the nation’s most prominent organizations, including members of the Fortune 10, several of America’s largest privately held businesses, and the U.S. Department of Defense.
Interested candidates should email a writing sample, cover letter, transcripts (official or unofficial), and a resume to [email protected]. The writing sample should demonstrate excellent writing skills on a political or policy topic. In your cover letter, please describe how the intersection of business and politics aligns with your interests and objectives.
$70,000 to $80,000 annually, depending on experience.
Role begins as a three-month contract with transition to full-time employee status dependent on review.
Baron does not sponsor work visas and requires the ability to work in-person in Washington D.C.
Application deadline: February 17, 2023
- Serving as a lead researcher responsible for rigor and creativity
- Writing research memoranda that are insightful and polished
- Supporting outreach to key audiences in Washington, D.C.
- Operating in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Minimum four years of experience (full-time) working on Capitol Hill, in coalitions/advocacy, or equivalent
- Expertise in right-of-center thought leadership and experience with the conservative movement
- Experience conducting in-depth research with creativity and rigor
- Entrepreneurial and creative mindset
PREFERRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Expertise in healthcare policy
- Professional experience specialized in long-form writing or editing
- Experience in due-diligence or fact-checking
- Comfort with quantitative analysis