Analyst – Chinese Arts
Baron conducts in-depth research into China and the U.S.-China relationship in support of clients in the U.S. Department of Defense and the Fortune 100.
More than 20 years after the normalization of trade relations, U.S. government and business leaders increasingly struggle to navigate China. This challenge reflects not only the daunting complexity of China, but also the limitations of mainstream analysis. Despite decades of effort, conventional China consultancies have proven unable to anticipate and specifically apply the trends that today confound American decision makers. Baron’s China advisory practice mitigates the deficiencies of standard approaches to offer U.S. government and private-sector clients unparalleled insights into China and the U.S.-China relationship.
Interested candidates should complete the below application including submitting a writing sample, a cover letter, transcripts (official or unofficial), and a resume. The writing sample should demonstrate excellent writing skills on a topic related to Chinese culture or art.
$62,500 to $72,500 annually, depending on experience.
Role begins as a three-month contract with transition to full-time employee status dependent on review.
Baron does not sponsor work visas and requires the ability to work in-person in Washington D.C.
- Generating novel and important insights into China
- Writing research reports on Chinese culture and history that are insightful and polished
- Operating in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated interest in Chinese art, history, and culture
- Expertise in one or more of the following: Chinese performing arts (theatre dance, music, or opera), Chinese visual arts (painting, calligraphy, architecture, or cinematography), Chinese literature and poetry, Chinese martial arts, or traditional Chinese medicine
- Comfort with conservative U.S. politics and thought leadership
PREFERRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Experience in Mainland China
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and/or other Chinese languages
- Professional experience specialized in long-form writing or editing