Political Competition Analyst
Baron Public Affairs, LLC equips corporate and government leaders to anticipate and manage the threats and opportunities that shape the competitive landscape. Applying a methodology focused on mastering the strategic competition of interests, Baron advises some of the nation’s most prominent organizations, including members of the Fortune 10, several of America’s largest privately held businesses, and the U.S. Department of Defense.
Interested candidates should submit a writing sample, cover letter, transcripts (official or unofficial), and a resume. The writing sample should demonstrate excellent writing skills on a political or policy topic.
$60,000 to $70,000 annually, depending on experience.
Role begins as a three-month contract with transition to full-time employee status dependent on review.
Baron does not sponsor work visas and requires the ability to work in-person in Washington D.C.
- Serving as a lead researcher focusing on competition between ideological and commercial interests
- Writing research memoranda that are insightful and polished
- Gaining fluency in a wide range of political, ideological, and commercial topics
- Operating in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Minimum two years of experience in government, campaigns, political advocacy, or think tanks
- Experience conducting in-depth research with creativity and rigor
- Demonstrated interest in history and future of political movements
- Familiarity with conservative thought leadership
- Entrepreneurial and creative mindset
PREFERRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Professional experience specialized in long-form writing or editing
- Experience in government affairs or trade associations
- Experience in due-diligence or fact-checking
- Comfort with quantitative analysis